Saturday, March 17, 2007

CD Hits a Nerve!

Wow, Carpe Diem hit a real nerve with the recent posting on taxes, "Rich Pay More, Poor Pay Less Taxes," as daily traffic spiked up to about 1,500 visits yesterday (see the chart above), which I think is a CD record, and about 10X the daily visit count, and that post also generated 22 comments, also a new CD record I think. The posting was linked to a number of other websites and blogs, and brought a lot of new traffic to CD.

I'll try to make some more postings on the topic of taxes, and the distribution of taxes, etc., that is obviously a popular topic. Thanks for all of the interest - I even had visits for that posting from the domain "eop.gov," which is the "Executive Office of the President."

2 Comments:

At 3/18/2007 1:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed how your post on taxation generated a lot of passionate comments.

I'm enjoying your blog.

 
At 3/18/2007 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I learn a lot from this blog. I appreciate the way that you include the links to your sources so that we may gather our own data. You might fire a few shots off, but you provide us enough ammo to fire back.

As far as taxes, people will always complain. However, I believe that we are living in the best of times. As a history buff, I don't think there has ever been a better time to be alive. I am not saying that things could not be better, but they surely could be a lot worse.

In a way, our complaints are a product of our successes. People with more leisure time and electronic communication have the time and wherewithal to ponder life’s problems.

Congratulations on the success of your blog. Keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home